2014-07-10

An Orkut Love Story: Chapter Ten

Day 10: Linking this post to Chapter Ten of my novella 'An Orkut Love Story' to Ultimate Blog Challenge.

Chapter Ten

Kahan Gaye, Mister? Looks like you’ve been abducted by the hot Mumbai chicks ….where are you? You have f******* disappear…Are you Mister India? Argggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am greeted by some ten dozen scraps by Miss Swagata, joining the handful of jerks I call friends who almost reported me missing with Mumbai police. Only my posters plastered over the city reporting me, MISSING, would complete my so-called disappearance in maximum city. How I wish! It would’ve made me famous and saving me the pain of trying my luck by knocking the factory of Ram Gopal Verma to cast me in his next flick.
“Oh! I see someone is missing me on Orkut. What is this feeling called?,” I flirt.
 “Missing you!! Hello! I thought you were lost somewhere.I hope you are not thinking I am in love with you. Don’t get wrong idea, Mister. Waise bhi, I am not in love with you..just wondering.
It is time to catch her off guard. I write, “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” 
“What does that mean?” Swagata asks. “Are you trying to say….?”
“I am not saying anything….what are you thinking?,” I strive to make her bite the bait.
She feigns ignorance, “Keep trying Mister..You’ll find love but love is no game and my heart is not poetry …in case you hoping, why should I love you.”
I am in no mood to let her over power me by seductively dabbling with words. I know she’s good at getting away with things like that. How I spent my time reading a book just for her sake. It’s my moment to go fishing.
“So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you…. When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” 
“Got it?,” I confidently ask. There is no response and deeply inside, I am savoring the small, sweet victory. It tastes like mouth-watering gulab jamun.
Like a war pilot, I bombard her all over the place with the missiles coz it’s time to unfold my trump card.
 “Kya re, Swagata. The biggest literary lover has forgotten her own mantra…ab bolti bandh ho gayi (   You’ve gone into silent mode). And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” 
The scrap flashes like police siren, “Haha! Someone is reading Paulo Coelho’s Alchemist. Good boy. You should always listen to what I say and you’ll see what I’ll make you discover..you are on the right path, Bacche…”
“Because of you..I skipped lectures..see how much I care for  you..I was lost in Alchemist coz someone said it was a shame not reading it…love can do strange things to people….”

3 comments:

Rachel Curtis said...

Nicely written, look forward to reading more of your posts x

Katharine said...

I admire your courage to share your fiction writing, I've considered writing fiction but I haven't had the courage to start. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

This is so good! Keep up the good work, you have some talent in writing! xxx