2014-07-29

An Orkut Love Story: Chapter 28

Day 28: This chapter for 'An Orkut Love Story' is written as part of the prompt Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014


CHAPTER 28:

“I don’t know what you think about me? Trust me, it is as tough for me as it is for you to let go,” Swagata’s voice chokes with emotion.
She is on the verge of crying for the past one hour, finally broke down to tears and we avoided eye contact with each other during our conversation. “You must be thinking that I am a weak person. Perhaps, you are right. I don’t have the strength to say no to my parents and go through the whole shit.”
I nod in approval. I don’t think that I nurture any strength to make her see reason to carry on with this long distance relationship. I observe, “There is no point discussing things that are not meant to be.”
She bobs her head, “You were drunk yesterday. I know you are nursing your wounds. Love is a complex emotion where we miraculously grow attached to someone. I know, we don’t need any reason to love. It just happens. As they say, there is a reason for every pain caused by the heart and it’s better to lose in love than never having loved at all.”
“Let’s grow in love rather than feel rejected by this devil called heart break,” Swagata tries to console me. “It will take us a while to get out of it but we will, if we go with the flow. I believe that someone, may be a greater power or guardian angel, is watching over us and will lift us, only if we allow it. Love comes in different forms.”
“Guess, you are right, Swagata. One should always go with the flow in this journey called life. After all, we are all seekers. This is what Paulo Coelho tells,” I try to ease the tension.
We hug and kiss. Perhaps, it’s destiny’s last kiss.

Six months later:
I started dating a couple of girls after Swagata moved to Hong Kong but I feel something was missing in my life. I feel so incomplete without ‘her.’ Occasionally, I gleaned through Swagata’s profile and almost got a heart attack when I saw her engagement pictures with Tarun. I de-activated my Orkut’s profile. 


10 comments:

Salma - The Write Balance said...

Sounds like an interesting, complicated love story!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a relationship I had in the past - many moons ago. :)

I hope he reactivates his profile. He may miss out on her idea to reconnect with him. :)

Vishal Bheeroo said...

@Salma: Thanks for hopping. Guess, love is always complicated and complex as an emotion.

Vishal Bheeroo said...

@Bonnie: Hmm! Heheh he will and it's in his interest. Oh! You faced a similar tribulation and I feel relationships teaches us a lotsa things..I've also been in similar phase. Thanks for sharing this part of your life here.

Unknown said...

Hey Vishal....

WOW! Your story gave me the goosebumps because I went through something very similar before getting married to my soulmate.

I have loved three times. The first one seemed out-of-my-reach; the second one (and the one that is akin to THIS tale) seemed magical; the third one - and the last - just seems right!

Indeed, it is better to love and lose than to never have loved at all, although there are times I question this adage ;)

You are a terrific, empathetic writer, Vishal! #HUGSSS

Keep penning your glorious love stories...

Kitto

pixie said...

I read all the parts at one go and now I'm impatient to see how it all ends!!
nicely done Vishal :)

Unknown said...

This post is as intriguely romantic and painful to the protagonist l can see. Vishal, I think you could sometime write a novel or two?

Jaibala Rao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaibala Rao said...

Read it all at one go. Amazing job Vishal. Cant wait to see how it ends :)

Umang said...

Oh that's sad! Another inventive piece of writing! Liked it! :)