2015-04-02

B for Babe Hitched

Hi I am participating in the http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/  Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. Today is letter B on Day 2 Hope you enjoy the story. Must I add that all the stories are pure fiction. Scroll down and read
******************************************

B for Babe Hitched



Anjali was a head turner in college and she derived pleasure in seeing self-claimed lovers pursuing her to no end. She enjoyed the attention and when they would approach her, she would ruthlessly turn them down. They realized that she is beyond their league.
The head turner was oblivious of the silent and brooding lover who followed her everywhere. Rahul always wore his expensive cologne, Levis Jeans and Dolce& Gabanna tee to work magic on his lady love. He thought, "They tell Anjali is a dil todne wali machine (heart breaker). Why shouldn't I take a chance? I believe in myself and when the time is right, I will ask her out and she will be mine forever."
Sitting in the campus for hours, Rahul waits for Anjali with bated breath and the moment she walks past him, she runs her finger on her curly hair. Rahul goes in a dream world, romancing Anjali in the world of illusion. 
One day, Anjali walked towards Rahul and shook his hand, "Hi I am Anjali. Actually, I need a favor from you. You know, I have my dance classes and am not able to attend lectures. Would it be fine if you can pass me your notes?" Rahul couldn't believe his luck and stammered, "Y-E-S. O-F C-O-U-R-S-E." He was aware of the jealous eyes preening nd silently cursing him.
It took no time for Anjali and Rahul to become good friends and they would often sneak out of classes, to sit in coffee houses, speaking about almost anything. It took no time for Rahul to fall in love with Anjali, admiring her and found everything about her cute and flawless.
She would hug him on hearing the shy compliment and gave him a peck on his cheek, "Cho Chweet, Rahul." The lover was almost convinced that Anjali is in love with him and has already made plans to propose her on the last day in college. He would surprise her after exams, taking her to Barista and  hint the waiters to bring a huge heart-shaped cake with a ring hidden inside.
It was the last day of exams and the lover boy was less worried about exams but more about proposing to Anjali. He dashed at Archies and bought a huge red card marked with a gold-shaped heart, scribbled, 'I love you.' He nicely tucked the card inside his backpack.
He was sitting on the stairs inside the lush campus when Anjali walked in. She gave him a tight embrace and noticed that Rahul was hyper. "Hey! Chill, it's just an exam but there is a surprise for you. It's a big day. So, let's go and screw the exams."
Both of them walked inside the exam hall and after three hours, Anjali smiled, "Hey! the paper was good na." Rahul cheered and gave her a high five. "I wasn't expecting such an easy paper."
Anjali assured him, "I am sure both of us will score a distinction. Listen! Let's go to Barista." It seems Rahul's plan is working and was convinced that Anjali got a hint and was just playing around, waiting for the proposal.
"You know Rahul. Today is the last day in college and you are my only guy friend. You are my best friend. I need to show you something. Surprise," she shouted as she removed a shiny blue envelope from her bag.
"What is that?" Rahul asked.
"See for yourself," she prodded him. "Ok! wait! let me open it. It's my wedding card and I am getting married to Akash. I was so happy Dad agreed. You know, we've known each other since childhood.
Rahul didn't know where to look and suppressed his disappointment with a fake a smile, "Babe hitched."

No comments: