2011-08-02

PROUST Questionnaire:Totally mine, always and ever

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE: Uhmmm! Shobha Dé published her version and urged everyone on blogpost to rant on. It's not stealing as I acknowledged the latest belonged to her. I urge you guys to try it out. Be honest and see where it goes from here.

************************************************************************************
Version Vishal-PROUST:Totally yours,truly and as honestly as it goes. Time for reality check..okay, roll camera, repetition over, action, mike 1, 2, 3

What is your idea of happiness?
Happiness is a state of the mind!!!yeah, as philosophical as it gets, I derive happiness ranging from the simplest of things to the materialistic acquisitions.sipping a cutting chai at the thapri, visiting my college Katta, having chai at savera-in Pune the restaurant opposite the bestest Fergusson College, hanging at Barista, catching an entertaining movie at the plex. When a friend calls when you least expect it..Friends, friends my life, it gives me such a high and reminds me to express gratitude to life. I'm blessed and loved by so many. Being in amchi Mumbai and sipping coffee with book at Barrista, Bandra band stand or lonely evenings at Marine Drive...dil khush

What is your greatest fear?
Are we playing Khatron ke khiladi or what? We are all insecure. I am. The fear of losing a friend and loved member of my extended family--family and friends..Not being able to sit and write.Gosh! It happens often..writing paralysis and writer's cramp and SHIT happens..Thinking I may never be able to accomplish something I know I can do.It always happens at work..machines, computers and software. Ok! I admit that I am the biggest mental retard when it comes to the world of PC.. Not being able to stand my might to unreasonable people in an argument..I eventually lose it..biggest fear should be..losing my inner self..I AM..succumb to society's conformism..remember I am a non conformist..Yes, I am scared confronting..that should be the biggest coupled with reluctance to get into fighter's mood. bang on!

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru for his intellect and vision for making India the toast of the world. He foresaw globalization and was the upfront and practical in his view of the world. Pandit-ji was traditional yet modern in outlook. He never wanted the partition. Mahatma Gandhi comes next for believing and dreaming of a society free of the shackles of race, caste and other racial divide. Unfortunately, till date we fail to fulfill the dreams of the great minds.

Which living person do you most admire?
Not one but quite a few. Amitabh Bachchan tops the list for being the man I admire the most. Very few actors can boast of having his intellect. Like wine, he gets better with age and it's admirable how he goes from stength to strength. His baritone voice, towering personality and humility is something we all should learn. Not only a reel but a real life hero. A man who at the age of 68 rocks and is forever young and his dedication to his craft, passion and the tremendous amount of energy. Goodness, I hope to reach this age with the same zeal. I doubt. The latest on my list is Anna Hazare for having the guts to move a whole nation in bringing the Lokpal bill and taking the government to task. Sachin Tendulkar is another man who inspired me. It's amazing that Sachin has never forgotton his middle class Maharshtrian origin--I am not Maharashtrian by birth. It feels great that despite all success, sachin remained grounded.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Tricky one!! Impatience, laziness and lack of concentration. I've been at a loss and suffered a lot because of that. It is the biggest mental disturbance and as I get restless I can't think and do the dumbest things on earth. Add to that my hyper nature. Due to these traits, I can't perform and so many time, I sat to write and was unable to do so and time flies.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
I hate self whistle blowers, people with the biggest prejudices, Lack of civility and grace.. I just wanna tell them shut the fuck off..those over smart ass. They don't realize how stupid they are.Hate caste minded and racists with the typical.mere jaat, mera caste and mere desh and we don't like outsiders..fuck off maderchods.

What is your greatest extravagance?
I, me, myself..I am the biggest spend thrift despite being an Economist and a smart one. Money never stays with me..Right now, I am tempted to buy a Levis shirt for 2000 bucks and gonna get it..woohooo! and a laptop despite having a desktop..is it extravagance? Lost extravagance and it's a question of making me happy rather than show..my wish list: 2 Levis shirts, lap top and a Sony Bravia flat TV before year end as well as a car..distant dream for now and travel to several parts of India and the world..

What is your favourite journey?
Mumbai and Pune..getting into a person's heart and on a spiritual quest..a meaning conversation remains the best. The journey called Life to enjoy every moment.

Who is your favourite painter?
M.F Hussain..sad that I never known Hussain Saab and that he was made the target of fundamentalists and was deprived of dying in his homeland. I confess though I haven't really followed his works on canvas..Picasso..I'm intringued by the existence of both men.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
I'm the most patient-less bastard and instinctive by nature. Why wait for 10 years to enjoy the good things of life. Go grab it now.Kal ho na ho! Njoy the ice cream before it melts..Propose the gal before someone else gets to kiss and make love to her.



On what occasion do you lie?
It is not always the best thing to argue with some unreasonable rogue who happens to be just a colleague and who doesn't make a fucking difference to your life..I lie to play pranks and trouble me..I do lie sometimes and try to keep it to a minimum..hate compulsive liar..I do lie to save someone's skin and try not to offend.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?

Well nobody told you I'm the hottest, sexy and suave guy around..just kidding, it's false..don't fall for me!!do so at your own risk..Well, the lil gray hair scares me to death and I freak out

Which living person do you most despise?
Godmen and Godwomen..those self claimed gurus and most of the politicians..Baba Ramdev is one asshole and Sathya Sai Baba was one and shall remain in my favorite hate list. His death doesn't change anything.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

Fuck, chutiya, Bhenchod... you name it you get..shit man..screwed...The nicey nicey me..cool! dude and my loving female friends..babes or babe. Aye shapat!

What is your greatest regret?Another tricky one. Here it goes..not learning to swim till now. I could have learned to play a music instrument like piano, learn to sing rock music, not completing my Masters'..left it mid way..I intend to complete it or start anew. Plus, plus..till now haven't learned driving. The biggest well the biggest of the biggest is not pursuing my dream and passion..didn't tried my hands at acting and direction.Bah! I should have taken a film course.It's never late.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Life. I love life and cinema. I can't breathe without cinema. There was this girl with whom I was together 3 years back and wanted to leave everything for her. Sadly, it didn't worked out. She's happily married and settled in the states now. I dunno whether I can call it the biggest love of my life. I doubt it. That's why life and cinema are the biggies.

When and where were you happiest?
When I get a high in life. It can be a compliment and when something unexpected crops up.Meeting a friend after longish tym. It can be anything and everything. Meeting my small nephew and nieces and how they run to hug me. My friend's Prashant one and a half year old baby, Sham. He's delightful.

What is your present state of mind?
Restless. I am always restless running from here to there to do some stuffs. Presently, writing this piece, shall jump to read The Economist and then get ready for work. I am always in this state of mind though some people think that I'm tense. The two can't be confused.

How would you like to die?
With a smile and a feeling of accomplishment. On a film set..perhaps! Or, in an appartment far away from the maddening crowd and people discovering my body later. Picturing myself in the appartment, wearing my favorite clothes with a pen and notebook writing an unfinished story. In style a la God in Gucci. A greek god style:)

What is your favourite motto?
Live N Let Live. Be Happy in whatever things you do in life.

UNQUOTE ME:
To conquer, one first must yield. Rather than going against the change,one should flow with it. The nature of water is to flow with it. It goes with the current. It doesn't resist. It does not hesitate before it yields. But it is also one of the most powerful forces on earth.--Robin Sharma (Daily Inspiration)
*******************************************************************************
Finally it's done. Thought that I would forgot Proust. Took 2 days to compile it yesterday and today.It's painfully to answer truthfully and there was no need to rack my brains as Iwrote with my hurt. I urge all of you to answer the Proust Questionnaire. Everyone,please do it..Are you listening SEPO, Asha, Anuja and all beautiful people.







No comments: