2013-10-20

100 Words on Saturday-7: I Knew It Was My Last Day There


I am participating in 100 Words on Saturday-7, a prompt provided by Sugandha of Shades of Life (http://somethings-sugandha.blogspot.in) on writetribe.com. I am penning a short story on the prompt, 'I knew It was My Last Day There and hope you like it.
*************************************************************************


I Knew It Was My Last Day ThereHordes of relatives and friends thronged to catch a final glimpse as I sat among them in the hall. The mood was sober and some shed a tear or two. I smiled as I remember the day I was born and as I grow up, my parents held my tiny hands to make me walk. I felt a tinge of sadness when I saw the friends I made in college, my first crush and kiss. They carried me on their shoulders in my last journey. I smiled and bade the last farewell to them. I knew it was my last day there.

Post a Comment