2015-10-11

Bachchan Mania: Jahan hum khade hai line wohi shuru hota hai

The traffic is coming to a stand still. Maximum City has suddenly stopped in its track and hearts are beating faster. Cars and buses are honking at Juhu. A phenomena has already rose and hit the city this October 11. A tall shadow has emerged as tears of joy flowing and the roads are turning into sea everywhere. It's the Big B's birthday, Amitabh Bachchan, Don ke jaise banna mushkil hi nahin namumkin hai. There was Amitabh Bachchan, there is Amitabh Bachchan and there will always be Amitabh Bachchan, Kal bhi Bachchan aur Aaj bhi Bachchan.

Today, the man turns 73, the forever young and evergreen who rules our hearts for more than four decades of acting and entertainment. He remains an inspiration to me always. Whenever, I am in the dumps, I try to think how Amit Sir would tackle this situation in life for it's his approach that turned things in his favor despite the challenges he faced and lows in his career.
The connect he has with the audience and his fans, is not only phenomenal but mesmerizing and there are very few like him who would do several retakes till he gets the scene right. I mean, it's a lesson than we should learn in terms of dedication, never lose hope and fight till the end. The kind of commitment he shows towards his work and how he bounced back post the Coolie accident when he was in the coma and rose like the Phoenix after his company, ABCL failed, to overturn his fortune deserves respect. Simply admirable and indomitable spirit.


Bachchan Sir is an inspiration to many of us and is a grim reminder that nothing is permanent in life whether it's pain or sorrow. The kind of patience he has displayed in his entire career is a great lesson that I keep learning and how despite achieving so much in life, he has always remained grounded and rooted. It's something that many of us should learn from him and I personally admire how he has managed his career with the never-say-die-attitude. 
Sometimes back, I was going through a tough phase in life and Gayu, a good friend of mine who knows how much I admire Bachchan Sir, told me just imagine that my life is a film and that I am acting in it, I am Amitabh Bachchan and that he is sitting watching me. Once he is done watching me, he gives tips on how I could have bettered the act and change my perception about things.
Trust me, it was bang on and spot on action that brought a change in our attitudes to life. There are zillion fans of AB in India and many of us who aspire to be like him and be him. I cannot be him. There is only one Amitabh Bachchan who played an important part in shaping my life, whether it's watching his movies, overcoming his struggles and be successful in life. The very thought of thinking about the words he spoke and listening to him feels like magic. I tell myself, I gonna nail it. Just imagine that the man was in the dumps and people wrote him off, he overturned the situation to make KBC a household name and brought the world on its knees. This is power to me.
Now, you know why the man keeps inspiring me to be better at what I do and to overcome the rough weather. His baritone voice is like a magic wand and one gets the feeling that life will get better. What we need is patience, perseverance and hard work. Once I read in an interview how he said that his life is an everyday battle. How true! Or, reciting the verses of his illustrious father, Dr Harishnvansrai Bachchan verses, whether it's Madhushala or how pain or joy is momentary. It's one of my favorite quote: Mann ko ho toh achcha hai..no ho toh zyaada achcha hai!! Kyun ki phir wo ishwar ke mann ko hota hai aur iswar aap ko hamesha achcha chahega!!! (If things are moving against your wish then it's the almighty wishing good for you.), Jab tak Jeewab hai Sangharsh hai (Till there is life, there is struggle).

It couldn't better than that the Big B himself repeating his father's words that spread like magic and ushering positive vibes in my life. I get a magical feeling, listening to such powerful words. Friend, Philosopher, Guide, Inspiration, that's the role Shri Amitabh Bachchan plays in my life. My hero, my inspiration. Happy wala budday, Sir. Agneepath, Agneepath, Agneepath, na thakega na thamega kabhie, tu na mudega kabhie,, Kar Sharpath Kar Shapath, Agneepath.





No comments: