2017-12-16

Daddy's little girl (3): The end


Ankita was restless. She felt a stroke of wind brushing past  her curly tresses and kissing her face which became icy cold. Aniket sensed her impatience and a drop of tear fell on his palm. He pressed his hand with the tear on Ankita's forehead. "Ready," he suppresed his emotion. "One, two, three," he pulled off the blindfold and silently moved backward to disppear behind the cupboard.

A tall shadow stood straight. Ankita bobbed her eyes towards the man standing in front of her. She was bewildered and couldn't believe what she was seeing. Raju stood tall. She thought that it was a dream or an illusion. She rushed to him and touched his flesh. Her voice choked with emotions, "I can't believe it. You are alive. Where have you gone?" she clutched to him.

Raju stood like a statue and tears trickled down his face. She was shaking like tree branches in the middle of the storm. He held her hand and made her sit on the bed,"I tried calling your number but it was switched off. Ankee! I looked for you everywhere but you disappeared. On that terror day, I reached the station late and missed the train. Call it what you may but it's destiny that I am standing  in front of you."

Ankita felt dizzy and speechless. She gulped  a glass of water to gain composure. "But, the picture in the newspaper?" Raju voice's choked. "It was a mistake. I was sitting on the bench at Churchgate. The photographers clicked me but I never knew that they would goof up. For the world I was dead but my soul perished the day I lost you."

Aniket popped right in front of them. He caressed Ankita's face," Raju is my best friend. I knew that he was the one who took away your heart. How can I marry you Ankita? You are the most beautiful girl and I was in love with you but he is the one, princess."

Aniket put his finger on Ankita's lip, "Don't say anything. Today is your engagement but not with me but Raju. Don't worry about our families. They know everything. I have another surprise. Your Dad is here."

A man in his 50s walked inside the room and hugged Ankita. "You are Daddy's little girl. I have come back today to hand my precious jewel in the hand of Raju. Beta, take care of her for you deserve her more than me or Aniket. I have left her but have now realized the power of love."

Ankita Dad and Aniket serenaded Ankita as they waded in the decorated hall decked with colorful saris, and tended her hand into Raju. "It's our amanat," both of them told Raju as the hands of the lovers pressed tightly on each other. Finally, Ankita and Raju were engaged. They were unfazed in front of the guests as the bottle of wine uncorked and dancing  to Kala chasma. Lips dripped into each other and mouths inspecting lines as love was tasted like nectar.

Love is a belief...not a compromise but flowers blooming to concoct a spring of joy and happiness.

The end.

Love
Vishal

No comments: