2018-12-11

My Gift conundrum



Gifts for every occasion whether it’s birthday, mother’s day, father’s day or New year is quite a task at hand. I am quite bad at shopping for gifts and pacing dawn the road means ending up not buying anything, except getting the coolest of Greetings cards.



The perks of being single saves me the times and stress of buying mushy and romantic.  Valentine is just another day flitting like dust and skipping the hard work. Let’s play a bit:  Imagine I am in a relationship with someone and come V Day or her birthday, I may just end up giving an audio CD but the hitch is that in this age of download, people hardly listen to music albums.  An expensive chocolate or perfume with flowers may save the day. Don’t ask me about trying for creative gift buying for I am clueless about this whole gift idea so much that it makes me in awe of people who can come up with some amazing creative ideas to woo and be a real charmer.

On Mother’s Day, I ended up gifting maa yummy Indian food. That was the gift after scratching the head and not that mom expected something but we can always make a small effort in bringing a smile on the face of our parents. My idea of gift is books since they not only adorn my shelf throughout the year but the fact of being a voracious reader myself. Books are a constant companion to win hearts. The moment you shower me with books, we make for eternal friends. Gifting a child is easy and it’s offering money treat.

I am always spoilt and surprised with the hot favourites ranging from chocolate, book marks, novels, wine, tee shirts, tea, perfume and scotch whiskey. It’s a shame that I am yet to give a close and childhood friend a birthday gift which I promised when he treated me with expensive food and was caught off guard. See! How much I suck at giving gift! Not that I am a stinger but unsure whether the other person would like my choice.  


No comments: