2018-12-23

Things can't leave the house without!



You know this feeling right when it suddenly hit home that the laptop charger has been left behind at home when scampering to the office? There is a little you can do, except pray that the work is wrapped in time and laptop turns into a good saint doling free love without expecting anything in return. A tale of counting your chickens before it hatched.



This happened to me last Thursday and felt like a dejected scientist on a mission to save myself from The Big Menace looming. I almost turned into a zombie to wrap everything in a jiffy but wasn’t meant to be. The laptop went dark.  I went blank. We stared at each other.  A moment of silence that seems pretty much like the videotape ejected from the VCR which is buried in the past.

Now, that’s quite a story knocking on several cubicles at the common office space to be turned down,  pretty much like asking girls out who outrightly rejecting me. I was lucking for two dudes sitting in their cubicle saved the day as good Samaritans. Finally, business was done in half an hour courtesy the borrowed charger. It makes me wonder on the things that we normally make a point to carry with us every single day and a tube light moment when it slips the mind, a matter of life and death.

What would happen tomorrow if I forget my phone at home rather than the laptop or the plug in? I would definitely freak out, thinking I have lost the super expensive i-phone or the risk of passing out, making it more painful than leaving the laptop charger at home. Things I can’t do without right from the smartphone, an extension of the office with emails and countless applications such as social media to the spectacle and wallet, books or magazines carried in the bag.

How can I forget my personal agenda diary in this digital age? The diary makes for something very precious and personal to jot the agenda and as much as I try to be media savvy, can’t do without the former for it’s the ultimate lifeline. Just can’t live and without the prize assets surrounding lives.

No comments: