2018-11-20

Do you treat yourself from time-to-time?

Ever heard of loving yourself first?! It’s good to be selfish and indulge from time-to-time in love, pastry treat, shopping spree for jeans, shoes and goodies. A tale of being your favorite and reigning on top of the world. I do it quite a few times to beat the blue and feeling good about myself.

The prized Scotch bottle which I’ve been eyeing for quite some time, the super expensive denim or the I-phone-yeah, I got it last year on EMI and not a shred of regret about it and the travel longing for quite some time. Hopefully, I shall sit on the plane early next and zoom ahead in the sky. Fuck all logic! Yes, heard that right. We tend to weigh everything in a balance statement of profit and loss making us more miserable by the day. Once a year, just save and blow your money on the things you’ve been longing. It can be anything, just go and get it!

 Sprinkle yourself with some love for you work hard throughout the entire year, facing moments of pessimism and tread downhill or in the eye of the storm.  Hard fact: You deserve all the amazing things of life if not in bundle but installments.

 Don’t make too much bone about splashing for you can never know where the money may disappear, the doctor or clinic, clearing out unexpected debt and the dentist trip. I am not advocating to draining your savings or not to keep for rainy days but it pays to make you happy as a person. Treating yourself means an extra dose of self-loving and care, going by the whole head logic. Go ahead and write this book. Don’t think too much of how good or bad a writer you are! We are over-thinkers by nature and it often takes up a lifetime, ending up not doing anything.

 I had this conversation with my cousin who saw his Mom and Dad passing away in the 24 months. As we were driving, he told, “You know I have realized that all these years, I lost on so many things I used to enjoy.” Trust me, it’s so me and the moment it hits on the head,  a shred of anxiety takes control of my mind and body.  The real FoMo is not about social media but losing on life itself.

Take risks, get out of the head or home and go on a trekking adventure, learn a musical instrument or foreign language are some of the things I always wanted to do in full swing and confidence.

 Jet set, get set in loving yourself passionately. Don’t think too much about this whole money sacrifice for a bigger house or expensive car for tomorrow is uncertain. Live in the now and make do with the small car. Live the dream now and make it happen. It’s not good to see the lusty objects sitting on shelves and not on you. For once, do not think twice, be a go-getter and of course, slog your ass for rainy days as well but tiny bit of self-love could do no harm.

No comments: