2018-10-21

Saturday whisper


Too much of social media makes 'Jack' me a dull boy. Twitter is getting to me what with slug fests taking the form of misogynists questioning victims on metoo campaign and extremists on the whole Sabrimala justifying violence against women. Hello! negativity! I am off Facebook for sometimes and may get back briefly in another fortnight before exiting again. The hitch about social media is that it sucks the energy  at times, though merit lies in the metoo campaign exposing sexual predators. One of the best things happened where women are speaking freely without fear of persecution and after all, credit goes to social media witnessing fallen heroes like MJ Akbar, Suhel Seth and Nana Patekar and their ilk. The post is not about them but a typical day in my life. Yes! I am on a reading spree after ages post my lipoma surgery with no yoga or jogging for 2 weeks time. Here we go on the Saturday that came and flew!

8.00 a.m:

Tossing on bed and waking up with a pain in the leg. Ouch! I sat paralyzed for few seconds and making the effort to walk straight. I start the day with a warm mug of water and a cup of Twining tea bag which the cousin brought from UK.

9.00 a.m:

The plaster on the back has been bugging me for 2 weeks after the minor lipoma surgery and what with the scratching which they tell is a sign of healing. I just got the plaster removed today and feels like a hulk becoming human, breathing fresh air. Checking Twitter and Linkedin what with ugly squabble in full swing. I read a couple of pages in Lokmanya Tilak biography, the movement for Independence in India, political machination to jail him and of course, the freedom fighter being one of the co-founders of the alma mater Fergusson College. It's not that Tilak was unblemished since he was quite a conservative figure in Pune politics. A heavy 650 odd pages and take it upon myself to wrap it in 10 days' time.


10.00 a.m:

Attending a prayer meet of aunty who suddenly passed away weeks back. Those days priests cannot be trusted-ok may be I'm generalizing here, but the guy came one hour plus late without informing. One of my pet peeves since I am stickler for time. Common sense tells if someone is not able to make it on time, better inform and always think about people sacrificing their half day to attend a ceremony. It certainly looks bad and what with the funny sermon stretching the whole thing beyond time and imagination when everyone sat on an empty stomach.

11. 30 

A little bit of chat with elders in the family and got to learn so much from them about the practicality of things, not complicating matters and striving to be a better human being minus the stereotypical religious cum rules burden. A heavy lunch follows and put it that way, over indulging and wondering on my calories and cholesterol hitting a record high.

14/15 p.m: 

Post the heavy duty Indian lunch, my friend P concocts a digestive kind of green tea with honey, jelly, tea bag, ginger and green plants cultivated in the garden. I had my reservation and wondering on the bitterness. But, glad of being wrong since the concoction makes an absolutely delightful with feeling of positivitea of sweetness. Hail the age old and traditional recipe to prevent bloating and what's not!


17-18 p.m

I reach home to catch for some sleep but only to see this little monster, three year old neighbor hopping straight inside my room to play. The thing with kids is no matter how tired you are, they know how to have their ways and make you smile. Finally, I crash for one hour. Post winter, it's getting hot and the ceiling fan is roiled back to steam after the clunky voice disappeared during the cold. The lost friend makes its appearance with summer calling.

18.30 p.m:

Feeling like a new born and furtively opened my eyes with a beatitude smile. I slept for some time and got out of the house, back to meeting the friends, giving them company and dining with the prayer food.  I turned into a teenage with the young friends playing hide-and-seek with them.

22.00 pm:

Back home to snuggling with kindle book and  hardcover on the bed but lacked the courage for some extensive reading. Finally, I wrapped up Shaheen Bhatt's book, 'I've never been Un (Happier)' on her struggle with mental health for 14 years. Since, I suffer from depression and anxiety, there are so many instances in the book to relate with and the constant worry about suicidal thoughts that plagued me in the not-so-recent past. One day, I shall write about my ongoing struggle but cherry on cake, the book has done wonders to the mind. I try to sleep and it's getting hot in the night.

Ciao
 




No comments: