2018-07-15

No world for Introverts! Wanna bet!


Wanna bet on us. Introverts that we are and society have already decided that we are on a forever no talking, numb and dumb mode communicating only in sign language. Sorry to disappoint you. As an introvert, I don't feel the need to compete with the entire world to be cool, talkative and thrive on being an attention seeker to impress the universe. No! I don't feel the need to make an effort in monopolizing conversation or telling tales to the world for the interesting stuff are kept for close friends. It's not that as an introvert, I don't speak at all but believe in being choosy about the people to spend time with. As it is, there are way more important things to do rather than pushing myself as if it's a rat race in speaking to the world, being overtly friendly to strangers or striking over the top conversations.

There are some inherent traits and yes, it's about ME, MYSELF which I don't advertise to the world at Prime Time or between news break as if I am a TV channel but something many introverts would relate to.

1. Keep things personal

I like it that way to keep things very personal be it a birthday, crushes or personal friends since don't feel the need to paint the town red. My break up doesn't need to be told on social media like many do and it's something to be dissected among real close friends. As a person, I am very private when it comes to my buddies or relationships which the whole world don't need to know for being discreet gives me the much needed mental sanity.

2. Mystery

There is something very intriguing, complex and mysterious about us. Get to know us better and give me the time to warm up slowly to you, you won't find a more talkative or prankster like me. The mysterious side or if you want split personality makes me an out-of-the-world person that would not only make you go mad and lose your sleep, the moment you know me better. You can also fall in love with me.

3. Giver

Being an introvert, I believe in giving a lot to people to people, even strangers for that matter, going  out of the way to shower love without expecting anything in return. Yes, I have lost a lot in my personal equation with people or relationships where people don't return the love. It hurts and gives huge pain but learned to love and give to people without expectations. Over the years, it has become a personal trait that I can't go against. Be with an introvert and the person will sprinkle your universe by giving immense free love. As it is, don't we celebrate the joy of giving.

4. No shy observer

There is one quality about introverts is that we observe people and situation a lot that makes us score high with emotional intelligence. You will get the best advice from us introverts who are often over-thinkers, not necessarily a bright human trait but we love to assess the situation, exploring every corner to come with the best advice.

5. Weirdos

Yes, we are weirdos who find it tough to fit in a group or society for we passionately go against established norms. Rules are not for us and we hate to fit in a box on what is right or wrong, established by society. We are a bizarre lot who goes against the crowd to make our own nest, to live in, far removed from the world.

6. A rockstar world

The last scene in Imtiaz Ali's Rockstar is perhaps the most sensitive understanding of introverts where the two characters create their own world with self-defined rules that has no place for outsiders. One of the best ode to introverts, Rockstar mirror this psyche of living in dreams and one's imagination of a perfect world, alien to the conservative ways of normal. We daydream 99 percent of the time of how the world and its populace should behave like, designing conflict beautifully that makes us sensitive and hyper-creative souls.


No comments: