2018-05-13

Seven Things I did this week


1. Over indulged in sweet meats, delicacies, fried stuffs and unhealthy food. I am not allowed too much to foray into oily stuffs but didn't resist the temptation despite the cholesterol issue. I need better will power to say NO.

2. Spent an entire day at a conference, something that I've done not for the first time but this was one occasion where I wasn't worn or torn. The corporate guy that I turned into pulled through the entire day, felt fresh, watched the speeches, wrote poems for the blog and could still manage striking conversations with people post 8 pm during cocktail time. I treated myself with wine.

3. A record of sort broken at the other end of the fence where I kicked my ass into action in doing jogging and walking at the park to reach the magical milestone of 15 km. I now belong to two extremes, setting the bar higher and over indulging into eating stuffs. Gotta better chuck out fats and avoid nullifying the fitness points I am achieving with too much of food that can be harmful to the health.

4. Finally, I am reading well and making good progress with George Orwell's 1984 where I am halfway through just by sitting to read in the coffee shop. There was a decade back while still in India would lap books by sitting at Barista or CCD in Pune and Mumbai.

5. Attended the prayer meet for my bua who was another mom to me and passed away on the first day of the month. I can still see her shadow in front of me and her voice feels alive in my ears. Today, I was feeling sad and missing her on mother's day. Such moments of love shall remain forever with me.

6. On Mother's Day, surprised Maa with an Indian dinner with non-veg chicken, dal makhni and mattar paneer for dinner. Gifts don't need to be in kind but food strengthening the bond, a symbol of love and affection.

7. Some people pissed me off with their attitudes and deciding to placate them at the risk of being arrogant. At times, one need to be diplomatic to avoid negativity and the other, refuse to be taken for a ride. It made me happy, yes!


No comments: