2017-10-16

Online Chating...online Mohabattein


Online chat...online mohabattein. Let's connect. The whole online chat has gone beyond party life, getting possessive over my G-chat where I still ping the close chums there or the Mirc chat relegated to the archive kinda grandpa era like the boringly drab poke business on Facebook. Who does that! Wanna bet! Of course, WhatsApp has made online chatting, be it yahoo-push the delete button here or G-chat irrelevant. How I hate saying it!

The random chats on Facebook and or the buried scrapping on Hi5 or Orkut and yahoo messenger is the tale of tickling boxes that hardly appealed to my senses.  I can count on the finger the number of times I've pinged someone on yahoo chat that faded away like the Diwali cracker ban. The romance spree and flirting online, sending sweet and naughty whispers are now wrapped in the memory trove.

https://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/2086121/439415134/stock-vector-young-people-sitting-in-the-park-and-texting-messages-in-chat-using-smartphone-flat-modern-439415134.jpg
Image credit: Google

Of course, chatting online has its share of evil and tickling sensation when we read about mediums like Facebook that can register private conversation in their database. It freaks me out when I think how those private conversations can be recorded and used against us. Okay! I have not really indulged in the evil sense but would abhor thinking about the intimate ping coming out in the open.

 The morning ping, silly forwards or conversation spree on WhatsApp is where the whole world has moved like migrating birds. Some random messages are met with a high-five to acknowledge or else this whole long conversation is not really friendly what with my fingers moving slowly. Fire your dirty mind, perverts! I mean typing where I get too slow and not finging around the phone. 

I did play around romantically with someone on WhatsApp when I discovered the recording button on the phone and she was way faster than me the time we decided to tap the get to know each other button. Naturally, the whole thing went kaput after a month or two of whatsapping, calling, flirting, exchanging dirty messages or singing to each other on the recorder. It was fun. We were in two different cities across the globe and it reached a saturation point where we stopped giving a fuck to each other. There were a certain fondness and vibes that could have wiped the entire planet with chocolate and candy floss feeling. Just fun and nothing more. I am sure she must be laughing over the whole thing when the thought struck her.  

Phone and social media have brought hearts closer but there is the danger of perverts lurking around when I read statuses of female friends on Facebook telling how some men have sent lewd messages or pictures.  Some people really need a reality check. Sadly, the healthy flirting get lost with vultures roaming around to give online flirting a bad name and being such a spoilsport. Sadly, the laws can get so complex on how to prove the case against vicious trolls or verbal sexual assault. Time for authorities to come clear on what the law says to nab perverts attacking women. There is a need for a healthy debate on the whole issue.

I am always in favor of healthy conversations between friends and would urge to flirt or converse with someone with whom you have a good understanding and don't blindly trust lecherous strangers or unscrupulous people who can steal personal information such as bank account or id. Sending a stranger one's personal picture is a strict no for one cannot know how it can be used against you.

Chat in good faith and make the whole experience healthy, fun and romantically endearing affair to remember over the years. Chatting and flirting goes beyond the romantic aspect for me and I made such good friends who shared their many little secrets, past relations, current one or about the guy they crushed on and yes rated scenes. The bottom line is: Trust in the online chat space to create the comfort level and the stories I am privy to makes for interesting stories to whip.  


With love
Vishal


No comments: