2017-09-17

Confessions of a wannabe writer



https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8b/d7/2a/8bd72a5585ac0ee32649c561697cf5aa--writers-notebook-peanuts-gang.jpg
Image source: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8b/d7/2a/8bd72a5585ac0ee32649c561697cf5aa--writers-notebook-peanuts-gang.jpg




1. Coffee and smoke to fire the imagination wild.

2. Draft stuck and lay untouched for weeks, as if it’s a virginal bride.

3. Running away from writing and the fear of not doing justice due to lame ideas.

4. Speaking to writers' friends on Facebook to pep the self to action.

5. Laziness to flesh ideas before writing.

6. Emotionally attachment to characters and urge to protect them.

7. Not thinking of the book to distance the self.

8. Too much of movies and personal experience hangover blurring the vision of pouring ink.

9. Ideas, Ideas where art thou! You are not hashish.

10. Where is my pot of weed? Gotta smoke up to imagine caterpillars creeping on the wall to chase the block.  Now you know where the crazy ideas come from?  

11. Tearing the paper with ink flowing. It’s not worth scribbling rubbish counting as ideas.

12. My Scotch whisky is over and the spell it cast on me to make characters go bonkers, imagining having sex in a moving car. Nah! Really! The soul tells me I am off and crack.

13. Whining time on FB and writing mindless tweet. Yeah, sometimes it’s called writing...140 characters.

14. Gotta cleanse the mind to the tune of de-cluttering the room filled with useless paper chits, notepad scattered on the table to double as great ideas to save the wanna be writer. Told you, it’s also called writing.

15. Imagining myself to be in a relationship with the hottest woman on earth. Now, who stole my condom? It’s no Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and our own Sunny Leone. It’s the highway to sketch making out scenes that find expression in a badly drafted manuscript.

16. A shitty first draft and grammar nazi would hound me to death as if I am the long lost brother of Osama Bin Laden makes me reel in fear. Everything started all over again and it’s the same story. I feel like a rejected lover with the dreaded draft being Miss Pricey.

17. Come and break my heart, babe. Make me lose my mind over you to pen this best seller.

18. Why the fuck on earth this shit was sprinkled in the mind that I can be an aspiring writing doing rom-com a la Chetan Bhagat! I asked for it, after all. I could have been a gigolo, instead.

19. The shittiest post that you must be reading on this blog and cursing with mc or bc. Now, wait for my novel to hit the stands and you will troll me for reinventing the wheel for love, passion and break up doesn’t happen this way for me must be related to Rahul Gandhi politics or turning ghar wapsi upside down.

20. This thread is influenced and inspired by crazy writer Ritu Lalit.
 

No comments: