2018-08-03

Hello August!


There is something beautiful about August, intriguing and the myriad hues from the wind stars in the sky and cloud lending an exquisite charm to it like falling leaves and sighted moon.

The phone flashed on the first day of the month. It struck my senses for some reason or the other. A sheer belief that extraordinary things will jettison and can feel the strong vibes conveyed through this medium called smart front. I can sense the powerful energy.  

On the work front, it's been pretty interesting beyond the drudgery of the routine tasks since there are super interesting projects lining up that will help me grow my wings by dabbling into hospitality and real estate features. I always love experimenting that way by writing on various and new genres to test the might of my pen and overcoming limitations through words. I am mulling on registering a name for a company which always wanted to start by offering editing and translation services. In today’s time, there is a need to diversify the income if you want to stand on your own and plan for the next couple of years.  

The past month has been pretty much laid back like the still water with the usual things going on and not too much drama on my platter, not that I want some filmi climax of kicking people in the groin. Tons of books to read and there are eight of them, including plans to re-read The Sacred Games what with the hoopla surrounded the sit-com. Some of them, I got for free at the Book Nest in the park where I jog regularly and it’s quite a novel concept of reading and sharing where you can pick a book for free and drop one for book lovers.  I picked two novels and once done with them, they will find their place back to the nest so that it is not confined to the shelf but sharing with people as part of this circle to encourage reading.  

August is the shopping therapy month for me that works wonderfully and the heart flutters with happiness to get some bare essentials like couple of shirts, socks, two pairs of new shoes to update the wardrobe. Finally, after initially resisting the temptation, I have decided to enter this world called Net Flix and going with the basic plan for USD 7. Not a bad deal with so much of sitcoms to spoil my senses. The last time, tried to register but failed with the bank account not being recognized for ludicrous reasons and as it is been planning to change my bank for the third time this year as the present one is quite fucked up with the net banking facilities. It feels spooky and entering a labyrinth with password and then some OTP.  Sadly, some banks system are as good as living in the stone age and there is something called being customer friendly which they don't get. Once the entire thing is sorting out and looking forward to the entire Net Flix experience.

Personally, it’s been a constant struggle to keep the self off sweet which is quite a hot temptation to resist. Tomorrow never comes with me. A cheat day will be kept every Friday and high time to look for a better alternative like raisins or dry food. Packaged snack is another grey area and not that I munch on them regularly but would be good to forget or wipe them from my eating senses.  It’s so easy to be tempted by the fast food which I don’t take now and a plus point because it’s unhealthy and nothing natural about them with all those artificial stuff flooding the market.  

I need a pat on the back for the novel is being revived for the second consecutive time after forgetting about it for six months. The best thing about engagement on Facebook with writer friends is that they can push you to write creatively and help chuck out the mental blocks that ail creativity. An over thinking mind is screwy and how it creates a mental blockage to make your shit difficult while it should be simple in the first place. Hope the writer in me doesn’t end up being unproductive and keep working on the book until the first draft is finished. As it is, will keep two days a week doing just that and forgetting other things. Raring to see the progress made with the novel when August says bye. 

Love
Vishal





No comments: