2018-08-16

Freedom and my India




billion hearts beat together,

this is my India,

daily struggle of commoners,

men and women,

we may belong to distinct religions, castes and speak various languages,

but bound by a common destiny and ancestry,

my land preaches love and affection,

how can hatred dilute our hearts,

we shall stand to communal forces,

wrecking havoc on us,

one nation, one voice

against forces of evil,

a pledge to end poverty, hunger and malnutrition,

standing like a rock against sexism and sexual assault against women,

wipe off communal forces,

my India is a country of billions,

a prayer for change,

taking pride in our identity and root,

we invented Zero, after all,

my India,

will rise again to touch hearts.

Happy Independence Day

Jai Hind



No comments: